Friday, August 31, 2007

Merdeka


I would like to share with you guys the best article I've ever read for our 50th Independence Day. Besides it featured my dad's hometown which is the same as the author's, I think the article is well-written and the message is succesfully conveyed (although the abstract element is always there.. that's the beauty of journalism by the way). How I wish I have the same talent to write an article like that!


Ironically, my Dad was born before Malaya's Independence Day but he was then too small to experience the same journey as the author. I always had this strange passion with my Dad's birthplace, although I seldom go to the place due to many reasons and constraints. Recently, a new exit gateway is open, which connected the place directly to the North-South Expressway which then consequently leave me less reasons for not going back there more frequent, right? Ok, I 'll try my best to go back to my dad's hometown for the coming Hari Raya celebration, insya Allah.

Happy 50th Independence Day, Malaysia.

No comments: